Welcome To The Ultimate Sports Guide
The Ultimate Sports Guide publishes definitive baseball and football issues every year for avid San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California sports fans. Distributed free of charge, each seasonal issue provides extensive professional and collegiate team coverage through feature articles, player interviews and profiles, photo essays, schedules, seating charts and directories. Issues become invaluable sports reference guides throughout the season and the full-color, glossy, 120-page magazine is often referred to as the Bay Area's own Sports Illustrated.
In 1964 Marshall McLuhan, the famous communication philosopher, said, "The medium is the message."
The sports fan of today is the medium and the messengers using whatever expanding customized media tools they choose. McLuhan proposed that a medium itself, not the content it carries, should be the focus. He said that a medium affects the society in which it plays a role, not only by the content delivered over the medium but by the characteristics of the medium..
I left my PhD at home but I do know that the sports communication continuum has progressed from cave drawings to smoke signals, town criers, ink on paper, radio, television, morphing into 24/7/365 cables which went streaming, mobile with a dash of HD, 3D and virtual reality to come. The 24-hour sports news cycle was squeezed into 24 minutes and now has no cycle at all. Today's sports fans are the media and the messengers.
The day we followed our favorite beat writer, columnist, electronic talking head, or sports addicted water cooler colleague is fast coming to an end. There is a kaleidoscope of .... Read More.
San Francisco Bay Area Sports Scores Today
Thursday, August 22, 2019
Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Monday, August 19, 2019
Sunday, August 18, 2019
For a schedule of weekly games, click this sports schedule link
* Golden State Warriors -- The Long Goodbye
* Pro Sports on the Moon
* The Injury Tree
* Mind Blowing (Oh Yes!), Heart Breaking (Oh No!)
* In Reflection -- Oakland A's, Parts I-IV
* Father's Day Fishing
* Blame it on Velcro!
* That's Khris Davis with a K
* FedEx-ing Fans
* Winging it
* NBA Name Game
* Visionary With Diamond Vision
* Presidents' Day
* Metrics Meets Its Match
* Sports Stories to Follow in 2018
* It's Only Money
* I Got Your Apple Watch Right Here
* The Designated Hitter and The Shift
* Golden State Warriors v. Cleveland Cavaliers
* Sabermetrics, Launch Angle and Statcast
* Oakland Athletics' Future Is Bright
* Oakland Coliseum Is Still In The Game
* Houston Astros To Visit The White House
* A's New Ballpark -- Are The Athletics Still At Home Plate
* Rafael Palmeiro at 53 -- Needs One More Game
* Remembering Billy Martin -- A Flawed Man But A Great Manager