Welcome To The Ultimate Sports Guide
The Ultimate Sports Guide publishes definitive baseball and football issues every year for avid San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California sports fans. Distributed free of charge, each seasonal issue provides extensive professional and collegiate team coverage through feature articles, player interviews and profiles, photo essays, schedules, seating charts and directories. Issues become invaluable sports reference guides throughout the season and the full-color, glossy, 120-page magazine is often referred to as the Bay Area's own Sports Illustrated.
Before the San Francisco 49ers began their 2018 season I attended an event at Levi's Stadium in August. While crossing the pedestrian bridge from the parking lot over San Tomas Aquino Creek, I turned to my left and spied a large tree looking deader than dead on the creek bank. I expected to see a bunch of hungry buzzards perched on its scrawny, leafless, barkless branches.
I don't picture myself as a sporting Nostradamus but this skeleton of sickly sticks jumped out as a dangerous omen for the 49ers. While at the event I mentioned to a stadium official that it might be a good idea to cut down this deceased deciduousness before the season kicked off.
In truth, the ominous omen should have been turned into kindling. Thousands of 49ers fans would have been spared from seeing its lifeless limbs as they entered the team's home turf with their optimism meter at ten for the new season.
I was informed that since the tree was on county land and part of the Aquino Creek watershed it would take significant .... Read More.
Sports Scores Today
Monday, January 21, 2019
Sunday, January 20, 2019
Saturday, January 19, 2019
Friday, January 18, 2019
Thursday, January 17, 2019
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
For a schedule of weekly games, click this sports schedule link
* Golden State Warriors -- The Long Goodbye
* Pro Sports on the Moon
* The Injury Tree
* Mind Blowing (Oh Yes!), Heart Breaking (Oh No!)
* In Reflection -- Oakland A's, Parts I-IV
* Father's Day Fishing
* Blame it on Velcro!
* That's Khris Davis with a K
* FedEx-ing Fans
* Winging it
* NBA Name Game
* Visionary With Diamond Vision
* Presidents' Day
* Metrics Meets Its Match
* Sports Stories to Follow in 2018
* It's Only Money
* I Got Your Apple Watch Right Here
* The Designated Hitter and The Shift
* Golden State Warriors v. Cleveland Cavaliers
* Sabermetrics, Launch Angle and Statcast
* Oakland Athletics' Future Is Bright
* Oakland Coliseum Is Still In The Game
* Houston Astros To Visit The White House
* A's New Ballpark -- Are The Athletics Still At Home Plate
* Rafael Palmeiro at 53 -- Needs One More Game
* Remembering Billy Martin -- A Flawed Man But A Great Manager